Sunday, November 8, 2009

Chapter 1 - Page 2: Up and At 'Em!




Page 2! This was actually the first page I did, its actually how I thought this whole thing was going to start. I started playing with the idea of mixing in new technologies with the everyday, as the story takes place in the near-ish future, like 25 or so years from now. Katsumi, our main character, actually lives in the smallest prefecture in Tokyo, Tokyo 3. A major event in history changed the world we live in now. One of those things was the dividing of Tokyo into 3 parts, Tokyo 1, Tokyo 2 and Tokyo 3. Tokyo 3 has more of a smaller town vibe but still all the amenities of a big city. It's made up of smaller neighborhoods, which for the most part have not changed drastically from before the major event, but more on that later.

This page had me excited, I was just starting the first page and wanted something that set the bar for things to come. Now I look back and just see what I want to change but I told myself I would just keep moving forward, and change what I wanted now instead of revisiting what was already finished. I think it's better that way.

This page flashes back to before the events of page one. The work week is just getting started and robot crime is on the rise!!!

Thanks for all the great comments on the last page. I'm glad you all like it so far, enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome - great page man.
    Love the contrast from page 1 to page 2. Crazy superhero taking on the giant robot is actually just a regular chick that hangs out and reads the virtual newspaper.
    Another thing that i really enjoy is the self explanatory panels that don't need supportive text. Not saying text is bad in a comic but when you can get away without it it really starts to get interesting.
    Cant wait to see some more!

    -cr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty decent, Dano! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, that's some awesome right there!

    Can't wait to buy a copy!

    -Dustin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great Dan! Though, I can't seem to be able to find the option to follow the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys. Really glad you're all liking it so far.

    Josh: Yeah, by getting rid of the blogger bar at the top of my blog I seem to have inadvertantly disabled that. I do think there is a way cause Dustin Warnock seems to have done it but I haven't looked into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH YEAH! I will be checking this one out for sure She's a hoot! You are so very talented and hilarious. I love what you put in your profile. I;m still laughing, but I can assure you that no one will ever steal from you he he he! They may try to copy you, but that's it he he he! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete